Designated Emphasis in Public Policy
Doctoral students at UC Riverside have the unique opportunity to pursue a Designated Emphasis (D.E.) in Public Policy through the School of Public Policy.
- PBPL 200 - Introduction to Policy Analysis (Required)
- PBPL 220 - Policy Evaluation (Required)
- One elective (4 units) in the School of Public Policy
- One elective (4 units) in Economics, Education, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Political Science, or Sociology (outside of the student's department)
- With mentorship from one faculty member in the School of Public Policy (with the option for joint mentorship outside of SPP), students should write a review paper that focuses on a policy issue / problem and solutions to address it
To learn more about the Designated Emphasis in Public Policy, visit the Graduate Division webpage.
To apply for the Designated Emphasis in Public Policy, download the D.E. Application Form.